Last Updated: February 12, 2024
What information do we collect?
Whenever you visit or utilize our websites, services, and apps, we automatically collect specific data, including your IP address, device details, and how you interact with our services. This collection is crucial for enhancing the security and functionality of our services, though it does not disclose your identity.
Additionally, while engaging with our apps, we may gather information regarding your mobile device and potentially send notifications. You have the control to adjust your access or opt out of receiving these notifications by modifying your device’s settings.
How do we use your information?
We leverage the personal information gathered through our Services or Apps for diverse business needs, as outlined here. Our processing of your data is based on valid business interests, the necessity for contract execution or initiation, your consent, or compliance with legal requirements. We specify the basis for processing alongside each listed use.
To simplify account setup and access, we utilize your information to streamline the process of account creation and login. For instance, if you opt to connect your account with a third-party service (like Google or Facebook), we employ the information you permit us to collect from these platforms to ease both account setup and access, fulfilling our contractual obligations.
Dealer Image Pro’s use and transfer of information received from Google APIs to any other app will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Covered Products and Services
This policy outlines the types of information processed by Photon Ventures LLC to deliver our Dealer Image Pro™ products. Our commitment extends across a suite of products and services designed to enhance your experience, including:
- Photo Assistant AI
- Dealer Image Pro Support Website: Your go-to resource for support, offering guidance, FAQs, and assistance for all Dealer Image Pro products and services.
Together, these components form the foundation of our dedication to providing exceptional value and support to our clients.
How do we share your information with third parties?
We don’t sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will.
When you use an integrated partner’s product or service
When you choose to use integrated partners’ products or services, they may receive information about you and your activity.
When you use an integrated partner’s products or services, they can access automatically:
- What you use their services to do
- Information from and about the device you’re using
How long do we keep your information?
Our retention of your information is strictly for as long as necessary to deliver our products, fulfill legal requirements, or safeguard our or others’ interests. The determination of information retention periods is made on an individual basis, taking into account several key factors:
- The necessity of the information for the operation and provision of our products, including maintaining your account and ensuring seamless service delivery.
- The requirement of the information for legitimate purposes, including but not limited to, the prevention of harm, investigation of potential breaches of our terms or policies, promotion of safety, security, and integrity, and the protection of our rights, property, or Dealer Image Pro products.
These considerations guide our decisions regarding how long to retain your information, ensuring we meet our operational needs while complying with legal obligations and protecting all parties involved.
How do we keep your information safe?
Your privacy and the security of your personal information are our highest priorities. We are dedicated to protecting your data from unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. Here’s how we achieve this:
- We utilize strong encryption technologies to protect your data while it is being transmitted over the Internet and when stored on our servers.
- Access to personal information is strictly limited to authorized personnel who need it to perform their job functions. We enforce this through the use of secure login credentials and role-based access controls.
- Our infrastructure is designed with security in mind, incorporating firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and regular security audits to safeguard against potential vulnerabilities.
- Where possible, we anonymize or pseudonymize personal data to reduce privacy risks.
We continuously monitor our systems for potential security incidents and have a robust incident response plan in place to address and mitigate any detected threats promptly. Our team regularly updates and patches our systems, applications, and software to protect against known vulnerabilities.
We adhere to applicable data protection laws and regulations, ensuring our practices meet legal and regulatory standards for data security.
We encourage our users to contribute to the security of their information, offering tips on creating strong passwords and recognizing phishing attempts. Users are encouraged to report any suspicious activity or concerns regarding their data security, enabling us to take swift action.
Commitment to Improvement:
The landscape of cybersecurity is ever-changing, and we are committed to continuously evaluating and improving our security measures to meet the evolving threats.
Your trust is invaluable to us, and we are committed to maintaining it through diligent and proactive security practices. If you have any questions about our security measures or how we protect your data, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Photon Ventures, LLC / Dealer Image Pro™
1610 R St Suite 300
Sacramento, CA 95811
Do we collect information from minors?
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of all our users, especially children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13. Our services are not designed for minors and are intended for use by individuals who meet the minimum age requirement.
We strictly comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and other relevant child protection laws that govern the collection of information from individuals under the age of 13 in the United States, as well as applicable international regulations concerning minors.
We continuously monitor our policies and practices regarding minors to ensure they are in the best interest of children’s safety and privacy.
What are your privacy rights?
We recognize and respect your privacy rights. Ensuring you have control over your personal information is fundamental to our mission. You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you and to receive a copy of it.
If you believe any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request we correct or update it. You can request the deletion of your personal information from our records, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information under certain circumstances. If we are processing your data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request.
We are committed to upholding your privacy rights and ensuring you feel confident about the security and handling of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy rights or our data protection practices, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Managing Do-Not-Track features in our iOS App
We understand the importance of your privacy and provide you with the ability to control how your information is collected and used. This includes respecting and enabling do-not-track features available on iOS devices.
iOS provides a DNT feature that allows you to limit the tracking of your online activities across websites and apps. When enabled, a signal is sent to websites, apps, and services requesting that your browsing is not tracked. Our iOS app is designed to respect your DNT settings. This means that if you have enabled DNT on your iOS device, our app will not track your activity. It’s important to note that the effectiveness of DNT settings may vary depending on how individual apps interpret or comply with these signals. Our commitment is to fully respect your DNT settings within the scope of our app’s functionality.
How to Enable DNT on iOS:
- Open Settings: Navigate to the ‘Settings’ app on your iOS device.
- Privacy Settings: Find and select the ‘Privacy’ option.
- Tracking: Look for a setting related to ‘Tracking’ or ‘Advertising’ and follow the prompts to enable DNT or limit ad tracking.
We believe in empowering you to make informed decisions about your privacy. If you have questions about the DNT feature or need assistance with adjusting your privacy settings, please contact our support team at Support@dealerimagepro.com
Your trust is paramount to us, and we are committed to ensuring that your privacy preferences are respected and implemented effectively in our iOS apps.
Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
We recognize the unique privacy rights granted to California residents by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and other state privacy laws. Here is an overview of the specific rights afforded to residents of California and how you can exercise these rights:
Understanding Your California Privacy Rights:
- You have the right to request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the sources, purposes, and third parties with whom we have shared that information.
- California residents can request the deletion of their personal information from our databases, subject to certain exceptions.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. Dealer Image Pro does not sell personal information, but we provide this information in compliance with CCPA requirements.
- Exercising your CCPA rights will not result in any discriminatory treatment by Dealer Image Pro.
To exercise any of the California rights, please follow these steps:
- Reach out to us via email@example.com with your request. Please specify that you are a California resident making a CCPA request.
- We may need to verify your identity before processing your request to protect your information and ensure it is not disclosed to unauthorized parties.
- We aim to respond to your request within forty-five (45) days of receiving it. If we need more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period.
Do we make updates to this policy?
We’ll notify you before we make material changes to this Policy. You’ll have the opportunity to review the revised Policy before you choose to continue using our products.
How can you contact us about this policy?
You can reach us at:
Photon Ventures, LLC / Dealer Image Pro™
1610 R St Suite 300
Sacramento, CA 95811